I discussed the importance of creating a go-to global marketing plan, and offered my tips and insights on global marketing.
Here are 3 key-takeaways from the podcast:
1) There is always a great debate between global vs. local and centralization vs. decentralization. It is most important to find a common thread to connect the communication between different geos and the headquarters.
2) Global marketing is equally important for small to medium sized companies as it is for large companies. Determine the right model for your company depending on your needs.
3) If you’re a headquarter person, here are three tips to remember:
- Be a good listener. It’s easy to fall into the mentality that you should tell people what to do. Change this mentality, and remember your job is to support the geos.
- Ask a lot of questions. You want to understand your local audience.
- Understand the local needs. You can then prioritize these needs and what you think is best to support them.